June 18, 2015

What Is A "Style Icon" Exactly?

Nowadays it seems that anyone famous who looks super cool on the red carpet is a style icon. 

The word icon is a very strong description for a person to actually be worthy of. Don't you think? 

Maybe not. Maybe I am just over thinking it. 

What does the term style icon actually mean to me? Why am I even thinking about this? I'll tell you why. It's because I hear that term so often. Everyone in every fashion article seems to be labeled as iconic. People like Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, and Britney Spears are far from fashion icons in my book. But those are some of the few that I am talking about. I think that the word icon can sometimes get confused with the word influencer. I believe that Kim, Paris and Britney are influencers. I don't mean that they have influenced me, but they have influenced a great majority of the ladies who look up to them. Some of us tend to copy the style of influencers, while others tend to celebrate their own style by marching to the beat of their own drum. Those my friends, are the true style icons.

I know I might get some different opinions out there, but below are a few ladies who I feel are true style icons. Do you agree? I bet you can name each and every one of them, right? Who do you feel is worthy of the title style icon?









No comments: