August 27, 2010

What Is Black and White and RED All Over? YOU!

{Red leather ruffled jacket~Valentino}
When people think of the color red they automatically think POWER! At least that's what many surveys say. But I am here to tell you that as a stylist, I don't see nearly enough red in ladies wardrobes as there should be. I always see plenty of black and white though.....mostly black. What you all need to know is that red is the perfect color to make your black and white POP! And before you start thinking that red is not your color, please stop. There are a ton of different shades of red out there which means that there is one for you. You just might need to take the time to determine which one looks good on you, or you may have to hire a stylist such as myself ;)
This handbag by Trussardi 1911 has just the perfect amount of red to make it more interesting than your average black bag. Don't get me wrong, a black bag is great. But this is just a tad more fun.
The red patent leather boots on the right are by David Tate and the gorgeous pumps on the right are the Carrie pump by Calvin Klein. I am quite fond of the Carrie shoe, but what caught my eye on both of these was the black block heel. It gives that mod feel to your many modern day looks.
{Take special notice of the shoes! Fabulous!}
 The ad campaign from White House Black Market is one of my favorites this season. It really caught my eye since their ads are usually, well, black and white. The pop of red makes it so much more interesting, but I have to say that White House Black Market usually has it goin' on anyway. Keep scrolling down to see more photos from the White House Black Market ad campaign.




{Believe it or not, it's Talbots!}
Even Talbots is on board with the whole red idea! I am adoring this red suit that the one and only Linda Evangelista is modeling.

No comments: