December 30, 2010

I'm In The Mood For Fresh New Hair

Now that I have decided to grow my hair out and have actually come pretty far, Scarlett Johansson had to go and chop hers off and look completely adorable! I love this choppy do.


This is how I wore my hair today. This photo of Camilla Belle styled in a half-updo was my inspiration. I know, I should have taken a picture. That is one of my new years resolutions.....to keep that camera going and take more photos of my fashion craziness.
I just heard that Natalie Portman is going to be one of the most talked about celebrities in 2011. I believe it!! She has so much going for her including a nomination for an oscar for the movie Black Swan, making 3 more movies in 2011, getting married, and having a baby! But right now I am obsessing over her side chignon. As I am being challenged to grow my hair out, I shall keep looking at this picture and trying this style until my hair is finally long enough to look as gorgeous as Natalie's.

Zoe Saldana's braided updo is so beautiful and romantic looking. It totally brings to mind the book I read over and over again when I was about 12 years old "Samantha on Stage." The ballerinas who become friends in this book wore their hair like this to ballet class. At the time I was so jealous because I had chopped my hair off and had to wear a fake bun bobby pinned like crazy to what hair I had when I was on stage. Don't get me wrong, my hair was cute when it was short, just not a good look for a ballerina.




Ok, I am ready for the hairstylists of the world to bash me so bring it on. (be easy on me please;) I am back to using Clairol Perfect 10 hair color and to be totally honest, my hair feels great! I tried a new color this time called "beeline honey". It looks much lighter on the box for sure. It just gave me some really pretty golden highlights. I also have used a color called "ready-made-cupcake" in the past and that is just a tad bit darker. It is just a little less expensive than the salon at less than $10 a box ;)





No comments: