January 12, 2011

A Denim Shirt Is A Must!


Ever since I saw stylist Mary Alice Stephenson in Talbots Fall 2010 catalog campaign with her denim shirt paired with a GORGEOUS sequin skirt, I knew that the denim shirt was a MUST. Of course the sequin skirt was tempting too. I had put my own sequin skirt, which I actually purchased from Talbots about 5 years ago, with a denim jacket at one time and I got a lot of compliments on this unexpected look that somehow works. {See photo below}


{denim shirt above: Talbots. This is the one Mary Alice is wearing with her own sequin skirt}
So, I went on a hunt. A denim shirt hunt. And I ALWAYS check my local thrift stores first when I feel the need to own something. I was lucky enough to find this one at Goodwill for $5 on my first stop!! I love it when that happens!
This one is my DREAM denim shirt from Ralph Lauren blue label for $195. I love the look on the model below.



I decided to wear my denim shirt with my wide leg wool tweed pants from Victoria's Secret that I also picked up at, believe it or not, Goodwill for $5. The wide leg pants are another classic and of the moment on trend item that I have always loved. Check out these wide leg pants on the models surrounding me on this page. 
{upper right: a look from ChloĆ©}
{photos below: looks from Derek Lam}


1 comment:

LoLo5 said...

These are lovely outfits. You can't go wrong with denim. Check out the lovely Denim and Sequin skirt at Yee Ha Line Dance Duds
http://www.linedanceclothingandgear.com