February 8, 2011

Experiment With COLOR Week~ Day 1

So, in my earlier posts I told you that I would be experimenting with color this week. Not that I am ever opposed to wearing neutrals, but I definitely feel that I needed the BOOST that I knew I could get from wearing COLOR. Not that I never wear color. I just feel the need to experiment with putting colors together that I normally wouldn't reach for in my wardrobe. In this case I decided to wear my Gap  butter cream color neutral blazer with some bright colors. I wore the Turkish rose ruffled top from Talbots in order to perk up the neutralness of the blazer.  I also thought the sash around my waist had some really great unexpected color combos in it like bright orange, hot pink, red, and bright citrus green. My Talbots boyfriend jeans made this a more casual look. And the suede pumps still allowed this look to be a little more wintery looking where a sandal would have made this look a little more Floridian. Last but certainly not least I wore one of my favorite Bobbi Original bracelets. See the photo below for a close up view of this fabulous work of art.

{My Bobbi Original bracelet. each bead is individually hand sewn. STUNNING!} 

2 comments:

Artfully Awear said...

I love the pops of color in this look! Good luck with your experiment :)

ps--I'm following your blog!

Laura Michaud said...

Thank u Ariel!! And thanks for the follow!! I ADORE your blog:))