May 13, 2011

Laura's Lovely Look Of The Day ~ Mad For Madras!

What I wore:

J Crew madras plaid blazer
Talbots chartreuse green skirt
Talbots navy woven peep toe pumps
Silpada jewelry
What I like about this look:
Well for one thing I LOVE the color of this skirt!! Chartreuse is a color that I most definitely cannot wear next to my face. It actually turns me a shade of yellowish green which obviously is not a good look. But since I had to have something in this color, I decided to make it be in a piece that I could wear away from my face. Like in a skirt! The jacket is a piece that I found about 2 years ago and I just knew that it would be timeless. I usually wear it with jeans and it also looks great with white wide leg pants, but I thought it would also bring out the best in this chartreuse skirt. I feel like this is a really cheerful look. And I knew my feeling was right when even the Fed Ex guy at work said "You look nice and springy today!" It's cool when you can cheer somebody up with color....even the Fed Ex guy!


What do YOU think of this look?

No comments: