April 20, 2020

What's My Expertise?

Sweater, blouse and jeans are from Talbots.
Handbag and jewelry are vintage. Similar vintage items can be found at Sweet & Spark
This stay at home order/Corona virus pandemic crisis has me really thinking these days. If you know me, you know that I may be quiet, however my brain is as busy as NYC 5:00pm traffic (That is, when we are not living in a pandemic.) However, I am having some new thoughts about what I can do to stay motivated during this uncertain time. Ultimately, I came to the following decision: Everything I do, I do to serve you. Why? Because it makes me feel good to make you feel good! I don't know if I am able to do that for everyone, but I am willing to try. That is why I have decided to begin writing my style blog again.

The other day I was wondering what the heck it is that I am good at? I mean, what subject do I have the authority to call myself an "expert" in? Am I an expert in anything? I love doing a lot of things and I am pretty good at them. For example I love sewing and creating things, I love putting outfits together, I love home decorating, I love planting things, I love going for walks, I love riding my bike, you get the idea. Then I took all of these things that I say that I love, and thought about which one of these things do I believe I know the most about? As it turns out, the subject that I know the most about is putting outfits together. BUT, the outfits that I put together are not something that everyone would necessarily wear. Style is such an individual thing. I don't believe that you can make any rules up about fashion. It's seems as though anything goes! How could I be an expert in this? So, I had to narrow it down a little bit....

I had to ask myself, what are some of the common pieces that I use to put my outfits together? Then it all of a sudden came to me! I use CLASSIC pieces that never go out of style and occasionally pop in something trendy or vintage to balance it out! My expertise is in CLASSIC fashion! I could really give some advise to people on how to curate a timeless wardrobe!


So, that's what I am going to do. Once a week I will publish a blog post that will give you advice on how to curate a timeless and classic wardrobe. Will I be able to keep writing it even when this stay at home order is over, you ask? My answer is yes. I will keep doing this for you :) So look for a new blog post every Monday starting today April 20, 2020. I will not only be speaking about those classic pieces that you must have in your closet, but I will also be telling you where you can get them. Stay tuned!

xoxo Laura

P.S. Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to know what you would love to know about!

No comments: