September 21, 2010

Do You Remember?

Do you remember fashion plates?? I sure do! I would say I was about nine or  ten years old when I used to make fashion magazines using Fashion Plates and then go door to door and sell them for a penny. Ahhh, the good old days. The people in my neighborhood were really nice and actually bought each issue that I made. I no longer have my Fashion Plates. I am not sure what happened to it. I actually forgot about it for the longest time. But one day when I had some time on my hands I got to thinking about how awesome my childhood was and how grateful I am for that. I thought about all the toys that I was so lucky to have. Of course Barbie was my number one favorite toy, but number two has to be Fashion Plates. Be sure to comment here or on my Laura's Style Facebook page about what your favorite childhood toy was. Do you remember Fashion Plates?

{P.S. ~ I was able to find Fashion Plates again in great condition on Ebay. Talk about a blast from the past! Now I use my Fashion Plates to make thank you notes and just little cards to say hello. And I have fun making them.}

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

OMG!!!!! I had those, too!! Hilarious. I think they might still be in my mothers attic. btw - been reading your posts for quite a few months, great fashion ideas!