September 21, 2011

Day 3 Hair. It's Not As Frightening As You May Think!

 Recently I came across an article in my Harper's Bazaar magazine about how to have soft and shiny hair. As my hair gets longer it becomes more of an issue to wash it. Or should I say DRY it. My hair is thick and it seems to hold water, so washing, drying and styling it in the morning is getting to be out of the question. Everyone has been telling me for years that I should only wash my hair once or twice a week. But my scalp got greasy! They seem to have left out the part where you can just use baby powder at your roots to absorb oils and it freshens the scalp too! Now they make dry shampoos to do this same trick, but I would rather spend my money on something else. So I settle on the baby powder and it works! Today is day 3 of not washing my hair. A little baby powder at my scalp and a chic chignon is how I am rolling today. Tomorrow I will wash. Every 4th day seems to be as far as I can go. And it's true! My hair looks and feels softer and shinier! 


1 comment:

simply heidi said...

Lovely! I stopped using shampoo a couple of months ago (baking soda to wash, apple cider vinegar to condition) and now scalp doesn't really produce much oil anymore. I'm able to go three days easy, but baby powder might help me to go four or five! Thanks.