February 19, 2012

Laura's Style's Fashion Item Of The Month! {February 2012}

You knew I just HAD to pick something red for my item of the month. For February is month of love you know. I have been wanting a pair of red pants for a long time and I thought that now was a great time to finally actually own a pair. After doing a ton of research and analyzing what type of red pants would be the perfect pair for me, I came to the conclusion that these River Island Kick Flare Trousers from ASOS were the winners! They are made of a ponte knit fabric so they are a great weight for almost all four seasons. Now I can wear red pants all year long!! They should surely brighten up my winter and they will be totally cool of course worn in spring and summer especially when paired with a navy jacket or a nautical striped tee. They are also gonna be great in the fall worn with my wool camel or black velvet blazers. See below to view how I decided to style them for the first time I wore them:












 ~brown corduroy blazer from Victoria's Secret
~ cheetah print sleeveless silk tie front blouse from Talbots
~red trousers from ASOS
~aqua silk waist sash from Talbots
~aqua chandelier earrings from Talbots
~flower ring from Talbots
~aqua beaded handmade bracelet from Bobbi Original
~camel suede platform pumps from Sofft



And you are probably wondering where my beauty item of the month is. Well, the truth is that I did not pick one. I am trying to be frugal and picky and well, I just didn't have to have anything. Stay tuned to see what my pick or picks are for next month.......:)

1 comment:

Mona Lisa said...

I was thrilled to see what your "must have classic" was for this month, and yes ... it's on order. I already have the Talbot's cheetah blouse and other pieces you mentioned you would be pairing up with them! I like that you added my favorite color, turquoise as the icing for your look! I think that's what I like most about your style - the surprise element, whether it's an unexpected accessory (new or old) or and unexpected color mix.