December 29, 2016

Favorite Fair Isle

maine fashion blogger

Do you ever get bored with the same old routine? I know I do. That's why I have decided to change things up a bit. Subconsciously I might be thinking about starting something fresh and new for the new year, but ultimately I have decided that I no longer believe in new years resolutions. Don't get me wrong. I totally believe in improving ones life such as breaking an addiction, gaining a good habit, etc., however I feel like sometimes when we make a new years resolution, we might do well with it for a little while and then we go right back to our old habit and give up. For some reason the term "new years resolution" frightens me. It leaves no room for error. I feel as though if I can make one small positive change every day, and allow myself to slip up once in a while, but then go right back to  improving and not giving up on myself, makes more sense. Human beings mess up once in a while. It's what we do as a species. We are not robots. We are here for each other and we need each other and last but not least, we must forgive each other and be given the opportunity to start over any day of the week. Not just on new years day. Do you agree?

On a different note, welcome to my new blog, Pine Trees And Pearls! (Formerly Laura's Style) I took my name out of the title because I just didn't feel like seeing it anymore. I thought Pine Trees And Pearls was a good name because it speaks to this lovely state that I live in that I never want to leave.

 Maine.

I decided to venture outside for a photo shoot yesterday. This is one of my favorite Fair Isle Sweaters of the season from Talbots. I put the links to my look below for your shopping pleasure :)



maine fashion blogger

maine fashion blogger

maine fashion blogger

maine fashion blogger
{The crows were "cawwwwing" so loud! I think I was invading their privacy.}

maine fashion blogger

maine fashion blogger

maine fashion blogger

SHOP my look!


4 comments:

applepie said...

I have that sweater and love it! Your new blog name is great!

Laura Michaud said...

Thank you so much! I love that sweater too. So cozy!

Anonymous said...

Love the new name of your blog. We just came back from Freeport. My family spends a couple of days each Christmas there. We love Maine. My dad grew up in Bar Harbor, so Maine is in my blood. Hope to some day move there.

Laura Michaud said...

Maine is a gorgeous state! The winters can be a bit long, but you'll get used to it if you make the best of it. Hope you get to move here!