May 14, 2018

Mother's Day Treat



Yesterday was Mother's Day and I was lucky enough to be able to spend it with my mom and my sister. Unfortunately I was not able to spend it with my son. He had to work. Bummer. However, on a brighter note I am so proud of him and his work ethic. It seems to run in the family! 

Anyway, I was able to dress up a bit on Mother's Day, so I thought I might write a blog post about the outfit that I chose. This blouse is very special to me. I came home from work on Saturday evening to find a bag stuffed with colorful paper hanging on my door knob. A note was attached from my sister-in-law. The note explained that she found this gorgeous Anne Fontaine blouse in her mother's yard sale pile and thought I should have first refusal. Thank you so much for thinking of me Suzie! I have seen this blouse on your mother and I have complimented her on it every time. I will cherish it always, praying that I will never grow out of it. But if I do, I am sure I will find someone special to hand it down to who will appreciate it like I do. 

I thought that my Strawberries & Flowers Scarf from The Maine Square would be the perfect accessory to wear. Find it HERE.

You can shop the rest of my look below if you'd like:




I have always wanted to try one of those pretty pink fancy drinks from Starbucks. I figured that Mother's Day would be the perfect day to give it a whirl. This one is called the Ombré Pink Drink. 

Here are the ingredients:

pineapple tea infusion
strawberry juice
lime slices
coconut milk
Passion Tango Teavana Tea

I have to say that it was very refreshing! I may try and save $6 and make it at home myself next time. But it was a treat for sure!
Thank you Suzie for thinking of me!


My sister, mother and I on Mother's Day 2018.



No comments: